What is the worst accident you have ever been in?

I am just curious what is the worst you have been in? I mean I have seen some pretty horrific car accidents overseas on the autobahn and some bad ones here in the states too. And today was too close for comfort! I still feel like I am going to be sick. Please no judging here. . . can you please tell me about the crash/accident. . .were you behind the wheel? What happened? Was it one you just witnessed or were you actually in the accident? How did you cope? Right now I am still in shock! It was so traumatic and scary. . .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• Oh 05/16/10 I had the worse accident ever. A ford F350 with three drunk teenagers, hauling a trailer with 3 atv's on it hit my honda accord head on. The honda was totaled but the inside compartment looked like nothing had happened. After researching this, I found out that Honda's are built to take all the impact on the outside and fall apart so that what's inside (you and your passengers) all walk out alive and that's exactly what happened, me, my bff and her 2 and 1 year old girls walked out without a scratch. This was my first Honda in my entire and \ this is why I will never by anything other than a Honda ever again!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've been pretty lucky so far. The worst of the two or three was when my school bus was in a hit an run. We were sitting at the red light at the end of the road my apartment complex was on and a pickup truck hit us and took off, even ran the red light. I had really bad whiplash and my back hurt for about two months, but that was it. I think that was pretty much the only injury anyone had, thankfully. I was in second grade at the time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The worst I ever saw was one on the mountainous road my mom lives on... That's the closest to a fatal accident I've ever been. It was a natural gas truck, I think, and the driver was killed. We were heading from her house back home, and were some of the first to pass the scene after emergency vehicles started arriving. They didn't even have the road blocked or flares out yet, and we didn't realize what had happened until we were right beside it. The driver had lost control or something and gone over the side, but a few trees stopped it from going all the way down. When we passed, the windshield was facing the road and there was blood covering about 3/4 of it. I cried and was really shaken up for a long time. It still gives me chills.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think this is a hard one for me. . . the most horrific was when I was little . . . we were driving on the autobahn and the car behind us was hit by a truck and flipped over our car. . . hit the road top down and shaved off. . . well you get the idea. . . it was horrible!!!! The injuries we sustained from it was whiplash and bruising from slamming the breaks so hard. . . but the most traumatic for me was
    actually not that long ago. . . a little boy went running out in the street. . . running for something and nearly got hit. . . he walked away with only a fat lip. . . but he was only like 2 or 3. . . there was no one out with him. . . just this lone little tyke running screaming! It was so scary!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010