Kids newest thing to "get high" from

The spice Nutmeg! Just watched it on the news tonight. Apparently it takes 5 hours to feel the high! WOW. Thoughts?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well great, thanks to dumbasses, I will now need an ID and permission from the ATF to bake a muffin or a pumpkin pie...Nice!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• One day kids will wise up and insist that spinach and broccoli make them high so they get those banned instead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What I think is kinda funny is that they put it on the news so that now a lot more kids know lol. Kinda like the cough medicine thing a while back. The news here said specifically which brands had the dxm in it the kids could use. Well, if they didn't know now they do lol. I learned accidently that you can go in to basically a psychotic delirium from diphenhydramine. Better known as benadryl. It can be used by kids to trip and hallucinate. I had no idea benadryl was a deliriant. Not like LSD hallucinations either, this is full blown schizophrenia delusions. It's scary the kinds of side effects you can get from harmless otc medications.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It takes five hours? I'm not that patient.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Damn how the heck do you get high off of nutmeg? My dumbass did the huffing back in my day. It was freaking fun but now looking back what the hell was I thinking?
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• 11 Benadryls?!? Oh, my! I'm sound asleep after 2. (Yes, I use them to help me sleep occasionally.) I can just imagine what a sight he was.

How do you use nutmeg to get high? That's just weird. And what kid is going to wait 5 hours for it to kick in?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Really..? I just wonder how they figured this one out?? 5 hours is a while..I think its just odd that people want to do this.
    kyliemaynard

Answer by kyliemaynard at 7:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yea, I heard about this a few years ago.. There was a study that showed nutmeg overuse in lab mice had a greater chance for cancer of the liver.... Why anyone would be so stupid to get "high" is beyond me...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• How did that come about, I have never heard of that. The next thing you know they are going to tell us that all spices are bad for you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• This isn't 'new'. It was in the Anarchist's Cookbook, which came out in the 70's. Nutmeg was also commonly used as a drug in ancient times. It doesn't take 5 hours to feel it, the effects are gradual until a peak at about the 5th hour.
    How they 'figure this out' is just a little bit of knowledge. Historically nutmeg was sold both as a spice and as a potent narcotic. Both the seed and the membrane contain fairly large quantities of myristicin.
    It takes 5-15 grams of FRESH ground nutmeg, taken orally, to feel the effects.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010