I HAVE LET OUT A REAL THICK MUCUS SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

HI MY NAME IS YVETTE AND I AM 30 WEEKS PREGNANT! AND TODAY I NOTICED A REAL THICK MUCUS WHEN I WIPED MYSELF SHOULD I BE CONCERNED? DOES IT MEAN I MIGHT BE GOING INTO LABOR SOON? SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!

FLYLILCHINA

Asked by FLYLILCHINA at 12:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't mean to sound like a bitch but OMG REALLY??? Haven't you read any pregnancy books? Have you not googled or anything? Mucus plug. Or maybe semen from the other day maybe you are horny and gooey lol. Ask a dr if you are concerned
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT HELP THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMH..
    FLYLILCHINA

Comment by FLYLILCHINA (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• SMH?
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Leukorrhea which is white or yellowish discharge which is mainly composed of mucus
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• *which is normal during pregnancy.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would guess you are best to ask your dr. If it was your mucus plug, it is a bit too early for that and they may want to take steps to be sure you don't go into labor so early, like bed rest. There are other things it could be, but to be safe, I would def call the dr.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would call the doctor too, but unless there is blood in it I think you would be ok. My sister lost her plug around the time you have and she carried her baby to term without bed rest or anything. I think it depends on the doctor too. Some doctors think it's not a definate sign of labor some do, but if you are concerned call.
    mantamoo

Answer by mantamoo at 7:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It is normal for women to have LOTS of mucus during pregnancy. I think that you should only be worried if you see any blood. If nothing else changes, just ask your Dr. about it next time you have an appointment. You'll be fine :).
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR AN HONEST ANSWER!!!! AND YES IT WAS THE MUCUS PLUG I DID SEE MY DOCTOR AND HE RECOMENDED BED REST.
    FLYLILCHINA

Comment by FLYLILCHINA (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010