What is Love?

What is love and how do you know your partner really and truly loves you? What does it look like? You can say you love someone, but actions speak louder than words. What does it look like, in regards to actions?

TBandNCmommy

Asked by TBandNCmommy at 12:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know. But I do remember realizing for the very first time I was in love with someone. My first love. I was at work at El Pollo Loco just chugging away and bam it hit me. I heard the birds chirping it was spring lol and realized dang I am in love! It was awesome.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• if its truly love... you dont have to ask.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• In terms of actions- spending an hour cooking you a dinner that you get into the room and go run to vomit and not getting angry over it (at least not showing it)
    listening on the phone while you cry your eyes out when you don't even know why yourself becuase that's all he can do 1600 miles away
    selling off things he'd rather keep becuase it's the only way to get money to go see you
    working a job he hates to support you and the kids because you want to go to school and can't handle work
    giving up guys night because you've had a bad day and need him at home
    getting a vasectomy because mental health says no more pregnancy and ob says too risky to do the tubal
    handling the raw meat because he knows you find it disgusting
    These are all things my hubs has done to say he loves me without per say saying he loves me. Mostly just small things but I find they are bigger than the "big" things that others can really see.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 12:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with ilovemykidsxoxo....1 Corinthians 13:4...I also agree with hobbitswife...if it's "love", you just know. you don't have to ask.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• we never wanted to be apart, 12 years later we'd still rather be with each other than hang out with anyone else, and have so much fun together. ( short version) LOL
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 1:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Love is putting yourself aside for the other person's needs even when there maybe nothing in it for you. When you can do that or someone does that for you, that is real love.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I realized I was in love when I could not do anything without the thought of him in my head. Your eyes are only focused on him and everyone else seems to fade away. You do things for him just to make him happy even if it is not things you really care about. I go with him to sporting events just to spend time with him. He does the same things for me. We may have disagreements but we talk it out and compromise and above all, always say I love you.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 10:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010