Did you know the United States has also raided Syria? yeah... SYRIA.

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-36255520081031

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5ghm9eDgPvRCWWUD-iVPy233BsRmg

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE49T37520081030

nocensorship

Asked by nocensorship at 1:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• What is happening here? What is being set up? What are we doing to this region... just what are we doing? And... since this is election season... what does this mean for the next President?
    nocensorship

Answer by nocensorship at 1:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I know- I saw this on CNN. I also saw that Syria filed a formal complaint with United Nations against the actions of the US onto thier territory. I find it a bit hypocritical that we can be acting as terrorists while waging a war against terror. Its all quite hard for me to understand.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I agree. I think this is bush's way of making sure the next president stays in that region and it's disgusting.
    nocensorship

Answer by nocensorship at 1:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Ummm, because, Syria has an open border, and has been allowing terrorists and WMDs in since the 1991 Gulf War?!
    Anonymous

• I agree too. It scares me that this is happening now.
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• What other presents is this criminal administration leaving us?
    nocensorship

Answer by nocensorship at 1:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Well then Hey! Lets just announce war against Syria....People jump across Americas borders all the time, does that mean other countries can just march on over here and say they don't like it. Where is there any form of line to be drawn on whats right and whats wrong?? I don't like major decisions being made that may be going for years by a leader that will not be leading during that time.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• So anon 1:25, does that mean that we should fire upon Canada and Mexico too? Do you honestly think that Syria can control what comes across their borders when WE CAN"T CONTROL OUR OWN BORDERS????
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 2:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION TO BE OUT!!!

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• So sad and upsetting and so ironic.I still need to go read all the links you posted, thanks for sharing, I heard about this ever so briefly ( why so brief is my big question ) a week or so ago on CNN and haven't heard anything since. The last I heard, from CNN, is that Syria said there was peace there and then all of a sudden for no apparent reason we flew into their territory, that's all I know, I'm not quite sure of all the details, hence I am going to read all you posted and educate myself on this.

Thanks Mama

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 3:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2008