How to enjoy my morning insted of Dreading them?

I'm such a night owl.
I wish I could bring my self to go to bed early, but I enjoy the nights so much. The problem is My 3 year old step daughter is such an early bird. Sometimes I have to fight with my self to bring my self to get up outta bed. And then When I do I have an attitude about it. I try to think positive but I'm just simply not a morning person! Is there anyway I can change this. I wish I could just enjoy my mornings and the plan god has for me that day insted of wishing the day away. =/
HELP please.

JavaMom2010

Asked by JavaMom2010 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• find something early in the morning that makes you feel good, a foot soak, a certain drink, something that will make a morning special for you.. ask your significant other to leave you a sweet note, or something to look forward to waking up to!!! if all else fails, make a poster that you will see as soon as you are up that has a motivation quote on it.. YOUR FOCUS DETERMINES YOUR REALITY is my favorite.. also.. on days i just cant get going, i put my nephews in the bath tub when i wake up, let them play, get messy do whatever... just seeing them have fun and splash around and be in an amazing mood, helps lift me up for the day...
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 12:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• im not a morning person either. My girls sleep in on the weekends but my SO's son wakes early. So i tried being the great mommy and getting up but I could barely keep my eyes open. So since I have my girls almost 24/7 and he only has his son the weekends we came up w a plan a few years ago. He gets his son saturday morning(by then were all up) and Sunday morning I sleep in and when I get up My SO takes a nap while I make a big brunch and the kids play or relax(saturdays are the busy days). Now for weekdays its still my job to get my girls up and off to school. I slept through every alarm clock just about. So now I get up get coffee get them off to school and watch my fav shows charmed and supernatural. thats my motivation that and my girls not going in late:). Find some motivation for yourself. Coffee, a show, a hobby, excercise.....
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• oo i forgot.. exercising wakes the body up.. i know when youre tired and feeling lazy its not exactly easy to make yourself exercise, but it will wake you up and get endorphines going which will brighten your mood!!!
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 12:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• High octane coffee helps! A straight up i.v. of caffeine directly into the vein works too!
    Trigger_Happy

Answer by Trigger_Happy at 12:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Have sex in the morning. Not kidding, it works (but before you step dd gets up, I hope that goes without saying lol)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• HA...I am SO NOT a morning person and a total NIGHT OWL like you! However, I have a different problem. My husband works until very late and I stay up waiting for him and then have to get up bright and early with my daughter. After about 5 or 6 days.....I have a sleep in day (on his day off), because I am so run down! Maybe you could change your bedtime by 10 minutes at a time until it is more suitable for your family? I need to take this advice, because like you.....night time is MY time and I am definitely a night owl. Oh and like Trigger Happy said...coffee helps me also. Either way, good luck, best wishes and if you find the secret..please oh please share it with me! (((HUGS)))
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• check with your DR about meds that might help
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 6:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you can manage to get out of bed before your kid, do that. It helps me a lot, even if it's just 15 minutes.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I know it is hard, but you have to adjust your schedule around your kids... I myself am naturally a night owl, but since my kids get up early and my husband also gets home late, what I do is this: I of course get up when my kids get up, or if I need me time about an hour earlier, and we play games and have fun first thing in the morning... that is also the time DH gets to spend with the boys... we make a family thing of it. Then we go about our day till nap time, then all 3 of us, myself and the boys take a nap... then we get up and continue with the day till 8 pm... bedtime for all of us. For me it is until DH calls and tells me he is on his way home... which gives me 45min to an hour to get ready for him. I get up and stay up with him and spend time with just me and him, and then I go back to sleep when he does and then the days are repeated like this... That's what I do... hope it helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010