Is the wife/mom always last to know?

In my house i have to ask to find out everything. My husband makes plans with our children- including my kids from my first marriage- and im lucky if i find out the day before about anything!Im told, not asked about whats happening and when i do ask questions, my husband gets defensive. Is this a control thing or is he just being rude?m

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't feel bad, I feel like I'm the last one in my home to find out anything too. I am always asking them, "And when were you planning to tell me?"
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't think it's a control thing. I think it's a common courtesy. Also in my house, both parents have to okay everything the kids do that requires permission. I know where and when my children will be anywhere . I keep tabs on them. I'm not a controlling mother I'm hands on and involved. It's just not right to NOT know where your children are. So I totally understand where you're coming from. I'd asked to be notified before hand.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• So ask at breakfast, "What's going on today after school?" Hopefully you'll get an answer! Learning about it the day of is better than an hour before!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i say you sit dopwn and express to him how u feel.. let him know it bothers you and that you would appreciate a little forewarning.. even if its just a note w the plans..
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 1:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• and be cautious of your approach.. he may feel like hes trying to do good gettin the family together n involved, and when u question him he may feel like youre judging him?? best of luck!!
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 1:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2010