Tattoos...

I watch Teen Mom and have seen Maci say that she won't say what the tattoo on her back is for fear of copy cats....I feel the same way. DH and I have matching tattoos (no not the exact same tattoo...tattoos that match, like lock and key, but it's not lock and key). We have VERY original tattoos and when we're out, the people that do see them say how GREAT they are and that they are going to steal our idea! IDK if they're kidding or not, but come on! I LOVE our tattoos and am very proud of our originality...do you have an original tattoo that you're afraid someone's going to copy?
(And no, I don't hide it or anything, I'm proud to show it....I just don't want every other couple trying to copy it)

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All mine are one of a kind originals drawn by me or for me.
    I am not worried about any "copy cats" because no matter what, their tattoo will never be exactly like mine.

Besides, don't they say that imitation is a form of flattery?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If someone really wants to steal mine...they can. It has meaning for me, and it's original to me, but it's not that original.

I have a volleyball...which was my life for all of middle and high school, miss playing tremendously!!!!!
    And then 8604 over the top. 86 is the year I was born, and 04 is the year I turned 18, graduated HS, met my husband, lost my virginity, etc, it was a GREAT year!!!!

It took me quite a while to decide what I wanted because I wanted something that in 20yrs I'm gonna know why I got it...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• LOL! Yes Roadfamily6now, it's supposed to be....I just don't want it to be the next "tribal arm band" . And I would love to see your work...I'll show you mine if you show me yours.... LOL!
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have a few that were chosen from flash, one that was originally flash but with a personal twist. My pentagram however is completely original because it is very personal, as will be my tat for my son.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes I have a very cute tatoo on my foot of 5 butterflies. The first 2 are facing eachother and are on the front of my ankle. They are the colors of mine and My SO's birthstone then the other 3 are open butterflies going in aline down my foot towards my toes each are the color of our kids birthstones. It was my idea and my butterflies and theres tiny stary looking stuff all around to look like fairy dust. Everyone loves it. It hurt like crazy though..........Who ever reads even though u dont see it I know I described it please dont steal it!!!LOL
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Mine was hand drawn for me by the artist, I showed him the flash that I liked and he free handed a variation of it. His wife did the tattoo itself. I don't care if someone were to copy this tattoo, because the meaning to it isn't all that original to begin with. The one I get next I will prefer not be copied, but that is only because the meaning of it is much more personal.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh my first tattoo was a complete impulsive decision! I want to get it either covered or removed....the tattoo I got with DH was his first. And I know, no matter who copies, it'll always be "ours"....but I still don't like the idea of some other couple having it. It's original, but it's not like it's this complicated masterpiece! It's very simple...
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• @ mymestey - VERY CUTE! And I won't steal! =)
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i have a lot of tattoos and dont care if someone gets the same tats i have because mine will always have meaning to me i have fear no man tattooed on my right arm and its a real conversation piece and its self explanatory i fear no man because women are everything we are truly wonderful creatures and Im so proud to be a woman theres no way guys could handle what we go through at all no friggin way so I wear this tat proudly as a message to all who feel its a mans world, think again its a womans world because there would be no men without us, women rule
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't have any really original tattoos yet, but I wouldn't care if someone did get one like mine, since it couldn't have the same meaning for them as it did for me and I think that art should be shared. I had a similar idea to the butterflies in birthstone colors, only I wanted something else in those colors. I probably won't get anything THAT specific concerning my husband, though. I was thinking of getting something like flowers that go with October for me and my daughter, then something similar to any other children we have.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2010