What Should I Do To Feel More Secure?

I'm enlisting soon. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year, and I love him and his daughter with all my heart. I'm scared I will lose them while I'm gone. What can I do to feel better about this?

AhmanisSoldier

Asked by AhmanisSoldier at 12:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• any advice will help!?!?!?!? its driving me crazy.. i keep trying to reassure myself, and he tells me that were gonna get married but idk what to do still!!!!!!
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What is the source of your fear? Is there any reason whatsoever that you have to think that he'll leave you? If the answer is no, then you have to just put the fear in it's place. I have a game I play with myself when I am afraid for no reason. I imagine the worse case situation. Say he does leave and you come back to find him with someone else. Then I imagine what I would feel or do. Once I play it out, I realize that if that happened I could handle it and I'd be happy to know that he was that weak before I married him. Life is short and fear is only there because we dont want to be hurt. Accepting the worse situation possible will ease your worries.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If that happens it was in Gods plans. He will work it out for you and be there with you. You are going to make a big steep giong to the militery so you need to keep your mind on what you are doing. Just let like take it's course, and if your love and your partners love is stronge you guys will make it. About changing your last name I did it and I think it is a simble of your love and respect for your man.
    beccam99

Answer by beccam99 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Talk to him. Just listen, see if he really wants the same things you do.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2010