A question for those of you on antidepressants/anxiety medications

Are you embarrassed about being on these medications? We were watching Family Feud earlier and a question came on that said "what is a medication that someone might be embarrassed about taking?" Prozac happened to be number three answer I think. I'm not ashamed at all to be on this medication. I would not try to hide it in any way though I guess it's no one's business. But I am not embarrassed at all about taking something that keeps me from feeling like I'm going to lose my mind and helps me function day to day.

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 12:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• I took an anti-depressent after my first husband died suddently. I did feel embarassed about taking it and didn't let anyone know. At the time, I felt I should be able to handle everything. After a few months, and with a counselors help, I realized there was no shame in getting help for that difficult time.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I been on 5 depression about i never hid the fact
    sheryl1959

Answer by sheryl1959 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I take Zoloft my dh tells me to make sure I take my psycho pills. No one really knows that I am on this but you ladies...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No I am not embarrased. I am better. And if it required pharmaceutical intervention to get me there, then so be it. Nobody is going to flat out ask me if I am on meds and if they did, I would tell them why.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2010