Hair and makeup?

Ok girls help me out...I have a Marine Corps Ball to go to on the 20th and I dont know anyone that can do my hair and my make up? I called mostly all the salons to book for an appt and they said they are full for that date..what should I do? I tried practicing on myself but its no use cuz I have long hair and its thick....=( And for the make up I really suck at it...so please help me out on any advice that ya have.....=)

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 12:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• too bad you don't live close to me in Vegas. I'm a professional makeup artist :) Feel free to pm me if you have any specific makeup questions. I will try to help as best I can!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Just do something simple! If you have a good friend just have her come over and help you! Balls are dressy but you could just straighten it and leave it down or maybe do just lose curls and pin it back some. And as for makeup, as long as you can do the basics you should be fine. This should be fun for you! Don't stress too much, the balls are fun :)
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Glam up your eyes, am a Mary Kay consultant and I love makeup. Start with a highlighter all over your eyelid and brow bown.
    I looked at your profile page and seen you have dark hair so I think Greens or purples would work for you. The highlighter color should be the lightest shade of green or purple, or you can use a silvery color. I love MK's cream highlighter.
    Then allover just your lid add a littler darker shade of the color palate you chose. Then in the crease between your lid and your brow bone put the darkest color. Don't forget a little liner and mascara, Bronzer on the cheeks, and a little lipgloss and your face is done Hun!
    I would put hotrollers in your hair then do your makeup, You'll be beautiful Darling!!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• post an ad on craigslist saying you need a makeup consultant.. or go to marykay website or avon website find a consultant.. most are very good.. lol.. what i did was go to dillards, jcpennys, something like that and go to the beauty counters.. tell them how interested you are in makeup but have no idea where to start.. most will do a full makeover to try to get you to buy it.. when theyre done, drop a tip on the counter say thank you and leave.. lol
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 2:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• oh and btw.. tell the lucky man thanks for serving.. semper fi!!!!
    AhmanisSoldier

• the other day I went out with the girls and did my hair so cute, ok so french braid your hair, not starting right at your forehead, start about in the middle to back of your head and start the french braid, then at the nape of your neck stop braiding and twist it into a messy knot, and then put a pretty little accessory in it. Then for makeup try a smoky eye. theres TONS of tutorials on youtube, so check them out.

november10013.jpg picture by cassie_kellison

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You could go to the local mall to have your makeup done. Like at the makeup counter of Macy's or Sephora. Sometimes there is a fee but it may be worth it!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would say go to a make up counter at a department store. My daughter had her make up done at mac. They showed her and then she did it too. It was wonderful. She learned how to do her whole face to glam it up and to make it up for day. So I would go ahead of time and see if they can teach you. Or you may be able to make an appointment and have it done the day of the event.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What about a hair piece? You can google hair style and get many ideas from the websites. Makeup is not so difficult. Many eyeshadows came with sample on how to apply it to your eyes. However, I love to google make up ideas and practice different techniques before the "bid date".. Good luck
    MadreLatinaCT

Answer by MadreLatinaCT at 12:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010