Is it worth getting all the prenatals test even if your gona keep the baby?

clutzy05

Asked by clutzy05 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not quite sure what you mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Bump
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Should I go thru the optional Screening test to see if something is gona be wrong with the baby? Im keeping the baby no matter what so is it worth going thru all the stress and testing?
    clutzy05

Comment by clutzy05 (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would say it is because if there is some issue you will have time to emotionally prepare yourself to deal better with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I personally wouldn't, and don't, and this is coming from a mother whose oldest child has Down Syndrome.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I suppose that is up to you. I would want to be prepared, especially if health issues are expected.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I assume you are reffering to the down syndome and monosomy scans. My husband and I agreed that no matter what we were keeping our baby, however, we wanted to know so that we could prepare ourselves if anything were wrong. We also decided that we would NOT get the amnio if the ultrasound detected the markers for something to be wrong. Often times they are false positives. Each person is different. It is entirely up to yourself and your partner to decide.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't , you might over stress yourself.
    Does you family have a bad medical history?
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I understand what you're feeling. I don't even know if I want to learn the gender of my baby. It just doesn't matter!

BUT if you did have the screenings and find something terribly wrong with your child, you could be prepared emotionally for her/'his arrival at birth. You could spend time reading up on the issues and locating people to help you...

Screening costs money, and that also puts me off, as everything is out of pocket for me right now

Good Luck with your decision!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My fiance didnt get the test with his first son and he doesnt wana get them done this time either. I agree. I just dont really know what to do.
    clutzy05

Comment by clutzy05 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010