While you were pregnant...

did anything catch your eye that you later related to your baby? For me, it was ladybugs. When I was pregnant with #2 (before we knew the sex), EVERY time I went shopping, I had this impulse to buy ladybug stuff. I had planned on using DS's crib bedding for #2 (as I thought it was a neutrul color), but was drawn to this ladybug pattern. And I wanted to buy all these ladybug clothes...I started referred to the baby as "lovebug"...and then a few weeks later we found out we were having a girl! That was the BEST news! But I still didn't understand my new obsession with ladybugs or "lovebug"...until she was born....February 14th. =) Did you have any experience like that?

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• *oops "referring" not "referred"

HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No, i did not.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes! With this baby, I want to buy things with monkeys and I insist that I will NOT make his room animal or jungle themed lol. My husband and I refer to him as little monkey.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh my gosh I have 2 boys and if I ever have a girl she won't be getting "gender neutral"!!! LOL I'm not even pregnant again....yet and I am already drawn to tons of little pink things! I'm sure I'll have another boy though. haha
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• While I was pregnant (3 times) I remember getting books related to the pregnancy stages, how the baby was grwing, and baby names!!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• OMG Me too! Ladybugs were EVERYWHERE and just made me think, "I want that for my baby!" Then, after she was born, it was like everyone was giving her ladybug things, without me ever mentioning them. I now have two little ladybugs tattooed on my left hand for my daughter and me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• @ Mrs.BAT - I'm going to get a ladybug tattoo as well...just can't figure out what to get for our son. He's been called Peanut since he was conceived, so I don't know if I should actually get a peanut tattoo, or wait until he's a little older and see what comes to mind...
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010