whats the best way to clean suede boots?

my bf got me black suede boots.. im a rough outdoors kinds girl.. they have aquired stains from beer throw up(infant) and im sure much much dirt since i live in a desert.. whats the best remedy for cleaning?

AhmanisSoldier

Asked by AhmanisSoldier at 1:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• An art eraser will take off as much as anything else available. It's a lot of manual labour... but it's the only thing I've ever found that works.

Some things will not come off... salt stains are notorious on leather for being absolutely permanent.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• im very worried about ruining them... i would feel so horrible.. whats the safest brand of art eraser for black suede?
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oxiclean is the best way to clean anything! I bought a disgustingly dirty Coach purse at the goodwill for $20...went by the drycleaner and they wanted $50 to clean it. Went home and attacked it with Oxiclean and a brush, I figured "heck, if I ruin it, it was only $20". Well, the purse came out almost brand new, I get compliments on it all the time.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010