Ive been ttc for a long time...

i was married, trying to concieve for over 2 years.. no luck.. now i have been with my boyfriend for a year, and have been actively trying, swtill with no luck.. any ideas? i feel ive tried everything.. ovulation calendars, tests, changing diets, etc. my bf has a daughter, im wondering if i cant have kids.. i havent been to a doc(no money/no insurance).... any advice??

AhmanisSoldier

Asked by AhmanisSoldier at 1:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Without going to a doctor for complete check of everything...your females parts, hormone levels, that kind of stuff there is really nothing more you can do except keep trying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• lol thank you.. i am putting my ttc on hold bc i am enlisting, and once im in ill have insurance, and plan to go to a fertility doctor.. but im very nervous.. any advice on for the first visit.. or everyone after!?!?! lol
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Dont be nervous. They do all the "easy" tests first. Like blood work & just a physical & they ask a lot of questions about your health history & your cycles. It could be something simple so I wouldnt stress about it. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thank you again
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my DH and I tried on our own for 3 years, before we finally decided we should try fertility treatments. The first appointment they went over both of our medical history, and did blood work for hormone levels on me, and a sperm count for him. When we went back in, they said his sperm was off the charts good, but my hormones were ALL outta whack. It took us 9 rounds of being on birth control for 2 weeks, then getting a period and taking clomid, and then getting ultrasounds every other day until they thought I was ready for my trigger shot, and then 2 days latter of getting an IUI before it finally worked. TTC is a hard process, both mentally, emotionally and physically. I wish you the best of luck. Just know that even if you go in for fertility treatments, it's not guaranteed to work right away. I was thinking 2 maybe 3 rounds max, but it took 9, so just be prepared for whatever your body decides to do.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 9:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I started fertility treatments last Oct after all the blood work sonograms and testing (HSG) I found out my tubes were blocked due to Hydrosalpinx (thanks to endometriosis) we removed my tubes Sept 2 thank goodness we had insurance the day of my laparoscopy we decided we wanted to move foward so we scheduled an appt to start my IVF cycle which isn't cheap $10,000 + meds err about $2500 give or take I had my egg retrieval Oct 27 and they implanted two little embies Oct 30 I take my Pregnancy test on friday its a process let me tell ya numerous injections back and forth to the drs office and pain I'm 23 and I remember sitting in the room ready to burst out in tears when I was told i couldn't get pregnant on my own you have to stay strong and keep your head up and just keep moving foward I pray that whatever happens you are successful good luck to you I do wish you all the best hope this was helpful if you have any questions or
    rtorres0223

Answer by rtorres0223 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• need a friend who's been there message me anytime
    rtorres0223

Answer by rtorres0223 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010