What's your favorite love song by a female artist?

I am going to be singing at my friends wedding and I'm looking for some ideas for a song. Thanks!!

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 1:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• Dang, I was going to say "Nothing Compares to You" by Sinad O'Connor but that is not wedding appropriate. Now I have to think awhile!
    lori57703

Answer by lori57703 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Martina McBride - My Valentine :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• " The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face " by Roberta Flack.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 2:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Barbra Streisand : I'AM A WOMAN IN LOVE ... and i'll do anything to get you into my world lallallallalallallal ......
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What kind of music does the couple themselves enjoy? That would be the first thing I'd find out before making any decisions. Are you and the bride going to be making the selection together? What I'd do is (based on the genre of music they like) come up with a list of approximately 10 songs and then present it to the couple, or just the bride if the groom to be doesn't really care about that part of it, and let her decide so there's no flack on you if you pick the "wrong" song for her big day.
    PS--I went to a wedding where "Evergreen" by Barbra Streisand was sung, and it was very nice.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Ill still be me by martina mcbride
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Forever and For Always Shania Twain
    rtorres0223

Answer by rtorres0223 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When you say nothing at all by Alison Kraus is great and I also like JJ Heller's song Tonight...lesser known but beautiful - would be a great first dance song maybe not during the wedding. Good luck!
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my opinion is u need to see wut the bride and groom to be r in to wen it comes to music...hav them make a small list of their all time favs and u pick out the one u think they would both enjoy hearing on their special day
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with vicesix for sure!!!!!!!!!

Evergreen.......Barbra Streisand......And 'With One More Look At You ' !!!!!!! Excellent songs.

Endless Love...Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010