If you were president for a day, what would you do?

If you were Barack Obama for one full day, what would you do with your presidential power?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 1:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Get increasingly frustrated and despondent about trying to accomplish anything at all, however small.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• make a salary (for one day) for all woman , all tickets for whatever they'll go will be free that day ,
    that's why i'll never be a president even for one day lolll
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• kill myself, LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Cut welfare, and make everyone work for their money!

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If I was Obama I would call a news conference, and announce that Joe and I would resign from our offices on January 1st 2011, for the betterment of the country. I would say that Joe and I are in way over our heads, and we should have not run for President and Vice president in the first place. That way the new speaker of the house could take over.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• *Executive Order to abolish the Federal Reserve and put the currency back into the hands of the government in the way designated in the Constitution

*Executive Order to abolish the EPA, which was created in 1970

*Executive Order to abolish the federal Dept. of Education.
    I would also sign an Executive Order to abolish the public school system and substitute a voucher system for parents to use for the private schools of their choosing, except that the power to do this does not rest with the President - it belongs to the States

*Comb through and delete a raft of past Executive Orders. In the Executive Order log on the White House website, I saw that Reagan did that. Early in his Presidency, he went through and deleted a whole slough of previous Executive Orders.

Can a President enact the change from income tax to fair tax? (instead of taking taxes as money is going into people's hands, tax them only when they spend it)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Abolish Fannie and Freddie. Develop a program to help struggling homeowners through the banks when appropriate.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• dang.... I was gonna answer this, then you switched the question. LOL j/k

Recent history dictates that if you only have time for ONE thing, then it would probably be golf.

Seriously tho - One day?? I'd have to do as much good as I could with one stroke of a pen - so all those child abuse laws that allow judges to give a molester probation, or any term less than life would be repealed and replaced with Molest a child =life in prison-no parole, Rape a child = death, no appeals.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 7:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• President Boehner...NO WAY!

I would make TERM LIMITS for ALL politicians LAW

Strip them on their health care, free lunches, soda's and minimize their travel budgets and they must pay for their own pages or get interns

Bring all our troops home, NOW. Put them to work protecting our borders and re-building infrastructure (such as some very damaged levy's)

Go through the budget, get rid of a bunch of waste.....Homeland security would be condensed greatly

Single payer health care would be a goal as well

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If it were only a day, I'd lay around the WH and eat and play with the dog.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2010