Are there any Mom's that oversave their kids things?

What I mean is..you know how a mom will start a baby book? Then she adds things to it and maybe save this or that? But I"m a mom who OVER SAVES everything! I don't just have a baby book but I have made a baby box(one of those big plastic bins with a lid) and put everything in it from the time they are born until they turn 18. I have saved, their umbilical cord, hat, bandaides, cut clippings, all school stuff from every grade, papers about news happenings(like a twin tower papers), first shoes, first out fit I wore, pregnancy tests, I even saved all their baby teeth!! I know..I am weird but is anyone else like that? I just wanted my kids to have everything like that to look back on it and know that I put a lot of time and thought about them over the years. Who else is like that?

stayhomemom22

Asked by stayhomemom22 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yeap!! My kids are now 21 and 17 yrs old. I have boxes and boxes of treasures! Everything from their embilical cord clips, band-aides, clothes, toys and more toys, you name it, I've got it! My daughter now thinks it is pretty neat to go through some of this stuff and see her baby stuff. Well, not just baby stuff. I've kept stuff the whole 21yrs of her life. I know, it may seem a little much, but they are my babies. She is now pregnant, and I have already started in keeping stuff from my grandson.
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Guilty as charged! I save everything and I'm also one of those moms who takes WAY to many photos he's 2 1/2 and I have over 300 pics of him. I have to sit down and start removing the repeat ones or the ones that are completely pointless. But I wanted to ensure that I captured the moments same with his possesions. I want to make sure that these memories are cherished and captured. I can always get rid of the little things and the pointless things later on but it's better to have them now so that in years to come I can make the choice to keep them or not.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Omg I do!
    I have on my computer alone.... 1,492 pictures of my 2 year old
    and about 5 albums full of more pictures
    I have his hair from his 1st hair cut
    His 1st band aid
    His 1st bottle and pacifier
    One of his 1st diapers ( dont worry not dirty lol)
    and his little scab from his belly botton! Actually I told my husband I have that and he said that was weird and made me throw it away lol
    there is tons more!!
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yeah, that would be me as well, I save every piece of artwork they have ever made, I still have that little scab (ew) and I also have little clips of hair from their first hair cut, I saved the outfit they wore home from the hospital,first blanket, first socks, and as far as pics, let's just say that I have five boxes full, two of which are full of dvd's full of pics! I save everything and my hubby thinks I am nuts too! LOL
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 2:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• O_o

Nope, I'm a toss outer. My mom was a compulsive saver and nearly drove us nuts with the things she saved and later gave to us expecting us to go OHHHHHH!!! and she was always so disappointed when we didn't.

My general rule is that if I would have to create a write up to go with something as to why I saved it, then it goes. Which means school projects outside of a few a year get culled. I have a cabinet I put them in, and once the cabinet gets full, I go through and anything I can't remember the what, when, why or that doesn't stand up to the quality work test, or that I have ten others of similar looks, goes. My boys bring home so much bulk that if I saved everything we would be over run.

I've saved first haircut hair, report cards, school pictures, decals from sports gear, jerseys, roller rink tokens, etc. but I tend to draw the line at body parts.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Well I cant say I do I save most things like unblical cord and clothes from like first b-day part, when My daughter got baptised stuff like that other than that I have millions of pics for them to remember.
    Mother-of-4

Answer by Mother-of-4 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have my 18 and 19 year olds' Cachina (sp?) dolls that they made in the fourth grade, I have this big,ugly white bowl with a big nose for a handle that my 18 y.made in the 3rd grade that I keep paper clips, erasers, thumbtacks and other miscellanious school stuff in, I still have the "I won the spelling bee today" certificates my 19 year old brought home from fourth grade, I have ALL the Christmas ornaments they ever made me, a couple of ceramic alligators, too. I have every award certificate they ever won, every picture taken of them by me or their teachers, in grade school, and boxes of stuff that they LOVE to go through and laugh over together. I guess it just depends on how sentimental you are and I am very.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 6:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008