Are we required to use dh,dd....etc while posting?

I see everyone using the abbreviations in their postings and was wondering if we are required to use them or if they are there just to make posting easier? Also was wondering if I am allowed to reply to any posting if I am in the group or if they state general discussion? I am still fairly new here and I haven't done much cause I'm not 2 sure about where I'm allowed to reply or not. Sorry for the dumb questions but I've always been told it never hurts to ask....LOL

Armyprincess72

Asked by Armyprincess72 at 2:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It's not because they make posting easier --it's that they use up fewer characters, which in a long post matters a lot.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i hope we dont have to use dh or dd bc i have no idea what its supposed to stand for, and im new, but i believe you are allowed to reply on any post.. theres options when posting to make it visible to certain ppl i think...
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 2:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Like the pp said, uses up fewer characters. And makes typing faster. But no you are not required to use it. I often say hubby instead of DH out of habit. You are allowed to post to any answer questions. As for groups, it depends on the group and what rules they have.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Here is the link to find the abbreviations if you need it :)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/11442691/The_CafeMom_Help_Desk_Ask_Questions_Here_FAQs_Tips_and_Abbreviations
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No your not requird, it's just to make things quicker & easier.
    megarooniduh

Answer by megarooniduh at 5:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The use of abbreviations is optional. I rarely use them.

Also, when you are in a group, you can post in any forum so long as they group owner doesn't have that forum set to admins only.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2010