How often do your kids get sick?

During the winter time?? It seems that viruses breed at school!! How often does your kid bring home a sickness? Does the rest of the house usually get sick? How do you contain it??

AudlyLuvly

Asked by AudlyLuvly at 2:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A lot of times. I'm guess ing
    sweetmommy26778

Answer by sweetmommy26778 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• natural , clean shinning and healthy hair is enough for me ..from time to time i do cut it , 2 years ago my hair was tall till my knees and about 5 to 6 cm more .. but not anymore ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My kids rarely get sick. I don't worry much about quarantiningthem when they do, as I figure most viral infections are being spread prior to the onset of symptoms. I give them a healthy diet, they get plenty of exercise and both kids have had perfect attendance at school last year.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My kids get sick every fall. They have a lot of allergies, and their sickness is mostly allergy related. We can't really contain it, but since allergies aren't contagious, containing isn't necessary. When I taught, I got sick every 3-4 months with some bug or another. I just kept going back to the doctor --What else is there, really?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• we have been pretty lucky, he usually gets sick only once or twice during the school year and not at all in the summer.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• In the past couple of years or so, the winter time was the worst time for my son b/c that's when he would start having problems w/ having sinus infections. But luckily, the only thing he's had so far is a stomach virus and the sniffles & BTW the stomach virus he ended up getting from his cousins b/c his aunt doesn't seem to believe in keeping her kids away from others when their sick.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my girls who are 8 and 13 get a cold once or twice a year. My youngest dd gets a sinus infection about twice a year. Not sure how they get so luck as just to bring stuff home but their brother and I are sick most of the time! My 5yr old is asthmatic and gets colds and sinus infections pretty regularly! No matter how much I clean disinfect or he washes his hands. Poor lil man cant cut a break!
    momto_3

Answer by momto_3 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son usually catches a cold once a year, but nothing major. We are very careful to eat healthy and get plenty of rest as well as washing hands a lot so my son is pretty healthy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010