how does this make since?

yesterday my daughter turned 2, now she can take childrens motrin and all the older 2 yr old things... but y i wander cause nothing has changed from her being 23 months, yes i know weight is better then age, yet just a thought i had...

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 5:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My sd12 just had a birthday but about 2 months ago she was having cramps and I gave her some advil. She was concerned she wasn't old enough at 11 years and 11 months. I told her she would be fine.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• it's just a guideline based on average weights at that age. It has nothing to do with the actual age.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think the limits that are put on meds are cushioned to a point. It might be generally safe for most kids at 18 months but the company(or FDA) made the guidline 24 months to make sure it is safe for all kids.

Nothing magical happened, nothing changed. Just a generalized guidline.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 6:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Good thing to do is not to give your child medicine unless thet really really need it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010