Is it ok or safe for moms to be to drink?

2months into my pregancy and I want to know can I have a glass of wine?

2bmom09

Asked by 2bmom09 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Food & Drink

• NO. Google fetal alcohol syndrome.
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 4:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Drinking while you're pregnant can cause learning disabilities, low birth rate, among many other things. It's just not worth it! The first tri-mester is when they develop their brains and it's very important not to do anything like that.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 4:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Ask your Dr. if you are constiering a glass of wine. I know it doesn't seem like much but you have to remember your baby is only the size of a bean!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• It is said by most docs that having ONE glass of RED wine is ok. I am 18wks and I have one glass of red wine (4 oz) once a month and it was oked by my dr.
    shannieboo22

Answer by shannieboo22 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• One glass of wine is NOT going to cause fetal alcohol syndrome, not even a glass per week is going to cause it. Many doctors will okay you to have one glass of wine occasionally as it won't cause any fetal problems. Personally I wouldn't do it, but I do know that your doctor can give you a limit on what is and isn't safe.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Ask your OB. My OB told me it was fine to have one 3oz glass of wine per week but I erred on the side of cautioun and had none through my pregnancy.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Studies show that even one glass of an alcoholic drink is very bad.... but..... I had a glass of wine almost every week with all of mine. When I was pregnant with my first, I asked my doctor. I was on a dart league and wanted to know if I could safely have a glass of wine. He told me that they say that because telling an alcoholic that a glass of wine is ok is like telling them its ok to DRINK. I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense to me.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• As you see answers go both way....my opinion is why take the chance?... it could not even be a factor..but if something happened would you want that in the back of your mind wondering if you did something wrong? Ten years from now you will not remember that one glass of wine anyways :o)
    mamababypretty

Answer by mamababypretty at 6:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• They say your not to Drinking why you are preg what they say but i never drink wine when i was preg so...
    Anonymous

• i was drinking alcohol til i was 5 months mixed drinks 1 maybe 2 a month here and there but my dr knew and said wine would be better to be drinking it all depends on you and what your doctor say
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 6:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2008