When can i get my tube's tied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• whenever you want...if you're done with kids and you know it, you can have a c-section and they can do it after they take the baby out.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• also depends on your age
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Some states you have to be older than 25 and even with that they dont always like doing it. My friend just went though a hudge battle with trying to get hers done.
    She has 10 kids and they didnt want to do it for her..
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• what is the age CAN u do it?
    Anonymous

• o ok then i have a few more years to go =(
    Anonymous

• Yeah in germany its even harder... You need to be at least 25, must have 1, sometimes even 2 kids. OR you have a medical reason why you need to have it done.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I had mine done after my youngest dd was born. I was 28 when I had ds, 29 with my oldest dd and 32 w/my youngest dd. But because I had them all in a Catholic Hopsital, I had to go to another hosp. to get it done and luckily, the dr. that delivered my oldest 2 was at the same hospital I went to. And they made me wait 30 days (I live in PA, so it probably varies from state to state). How old are you? Hom many children do you have?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i am 28 with one son (3 and preg with my second) i am currently battling my ob over it, she just thinks i am too young, i say i am sure i am done and would never want more kids so... why do birth control for years to please her/ get a second surgery instead of all with the c section?... i dont know if i can stay with her if she continues to tell me no. i live in OH

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I am 19 and going on my third. When i have her i wont even be 20 so im getting the IUD then when i turn 21 gettng mine tied. I tried to get my dr to do it when she is born but he wont.
    Anonymous

• 21 is when u can get them tied
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008