i dye my hair dark red about 3 in half weeks ago and the color is fading away is it ok if i re-dye it again??

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 6:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Can you just do the cover up instead of re dying it? It always says to wait 6 weeks so I don't know. Mine fades after about that time also. I just usually wait my 6 weeks though
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yeap it happes... color won't stay forever! I suggest to do the roots so you don't damage the hair with so much dying products
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 6:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• well i kind of bought a cheap color and the color from my tips and the middle part of my hair is all faded it looks very uneven ...
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 6:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Reds fade faster than other shades. You can redye this soon _occasionally_, but you don't want to do that regularly. If you like the red, look for shampoos and conditioners that help maintain your color, ESPECIALLY conditioners, since they are what really wears color off.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I love red but 1) it fades fast and turns like an orange color and 2) you have to bleach it to strip the color an dye it another color. Or else you'll have a bunch of colors and the next will never truly set.

just so you know, red is a high maintenance color
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I am giving up on the red color because it fades so fast. some of the shampoos work well to keep it longer. I was using John Frieda (spelling?)
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I used to dye mine red until I finally said ENOUGH of all the fast fading. I now keep it a dark black, which makes my blues eyes REALLY stand out. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010