Agree or disagree?

"I’m a lover of my own liberty, and so I would do nothing to restrict yours. I simply want to please my own conscience, which is God" ~Mohandas Gandhi

If you agree with this, in what ways do you practice this?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I do, in life I fight for equality.

Answer by older at 7:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Absolutely I agree. What some consider 'God" I consider many meaning that the entity has many qualities and is in everything but that is what gets me moving :)
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I Disagree that my conscience is God, I believe there is a creator outside of me who is the creator of the universe.

I agree that I love my liberty and especially the liberty to practice my religion openly and freely, and I don't want to restrict the liberty of others. the . I like diversity in society and I want everyone to be free and safe to openly and freely express and practice their own beliefs and religion.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree. How do I practice this? I try everyday not to judge what others are doing, as long as they are not affecting my life, others should be able to think and do whatever they want! Freedom of religion, sexuality, not looking at someone differently because they are of a different race.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Good Question. I, however, cannot say that I make an effort to practice anything from Ghandi.
    Tao has let me learn how to appreciate how everyone is different, and appreciating everything for it's difference is very freeing. Which, enables my greatest freedom, the freedom from and of everything. I follow Jesus, and no man.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Agree, so I also support equality and working for the common good.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree! I believe in equality for everyone and I will stand up for someone to have a right to their beliefs and choices even when they differ from my own.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree. I'm big on the equality and rights of everyone, regardless of our differences. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with the not restricting other's liberties. However, I also agree with RyansMom that my conscience is not God. Rather, God gave me a conscience.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 9:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do agree and the way I practice it is by simply letting other people believe what they want, without demeaning or attacking them, even if I disagree with them.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2010