my baby is 9 days old is it normal for him to make wierd noises and somtimes make like a gasping noise

i did bring it up to the doc at his 2 day app but she wasnt even really paying att to us she was in a hurry i am an airforce wife and overseas so i cant realy pick my doc but this doc seems like the type to say somthing is normal without really evaluating the situation please help

landonsMOMMY500

Asked by landonsMOMMY500 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do remember those days of loud breathing coming from my newborn! It's normal. Did they give you a nose suction thing? If so, suction his nose to keep his nose clear.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• babies make all kinds of noises....as long as the baby is breathing properly and not choking then I wouldnt be too concerned.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• mine did the same thing
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Mine did that and he ended uo having breathing issues. Bring this issue back up to their attention. Remember... you are NOT too paranoid. Anytime something like this comes up it is your baby. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my little man made gasping noises and I worried because I have asthma but I called the ped.' and they said so long as he was breathing normally and not choking he would be just fine, keep an eye on him, blah blah blah. I think babies just make crazy noises. Though I would bring it back to attention to her doc. whether she was in a hurry or not is irrelevant, this is your kid and that's what matters the most :]
    little_lion

Answer by little_lion at 2:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Congrats on your baby!! My baby did that noise and lot of other noises since birth and he did it less and less frequently until he didn't do it anymore! He is perfectly fine, nine weeks old now. But if you are worried about it just ask his doctor!!!
    pochpolita

Answer by pochpolita at 2:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010