Donations to food pantry or food drive QUESTION

If you donate food- A. Do you go to your own kitchen and get what you don't use
B. Buy from store
C. Both

aitson

Asked by aitson at 7:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Both
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have done both in the past. Sometimes when I have just been to the grocery store I have a lot on hand. Other times I pick up a few donation items when I go shopping.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have done both. Usually, it is a combination of the two. I try and make it a routine to give to food pantries or food banks in my area. Growing up, there were several times that we had to use the food banks. So, now that I am grown up, I try to give back where I can when I can.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do both. For example, if I get some soup that my family doesn't like, I'll give the duplicates away. My favorite grocery store does a "Free Turkey" promotion every year at this time. I'm about to earn my 3rd free turkey so I'll donate two of the coupons to the food pantry.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• both. I shop from my own pantry and I also shop at the local store. I get baby food too as a lot of families who use the food cupboard have babies in their homes. I do donate lots of soups too they are a perfect meal for an elderly person to just quickly heat up. they do not have to be paired with another food.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I just use my own unwanted pantry items.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do both. When I hear of food drives coming up I will look thru the pantry and see what items I have that I have not used, or might not use anytime soon and put it in the 'donate' bag. If I get paid before the food drive turn in date, then I will go to the store and pick up some canned and boxed items to put in the 'donate' bag.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If they only ask for a few items I pick it out of my pantry, I always have alot of corn, so corn would be one choice
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010