Do you have any funny Thanksgiving meal stories to share ???

It could be about the meal, the company, the clean up ....whatever!! Tell us your funny Thanksgiving story

justgrape723

Asked by justgrape723 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• I will start..... My first thanksgiving meal was right after I moved out on my own. I could never get the gravy smooth. it always had lumps in it. So I thought ...."I know a blender!!" so I made my meal turned out great, My mom wanted to help me make the gravy...she knew about the lumps.....lol I said no that's okay I got it covered you just sit back and relax. I knew she was not so sure about that..... I made the gravy on the stove stirring away adding the flour and seasonings. when I was almost done, yep I had lumps (mom was looking over my shoulder wanting to help) I then got out my blender poured the gravy into the blender , put the top on and whirred away until my gravy was nice and smooth. I thought my mother was going to pee her pants laughing. But we had smooth gravy.....LOL She still tells that story almost 30 years later!!

justgrape723

Comment by justgrape723 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My SIL is one cheap bitch, and she tried on year to stretch one can of pumpkin into 3 pies, because she was to bring the pies and she didn't want to pay for 3 pies. So anyway, she showed up with 3 pumpkin pies with a quarter inch of filling and my aunt laughed at her all day and made fun of her pies and called her a cheapskate. Then my aunt smuggled the pies to her car and froze them and every year for about 10 straight years she brought them pies back out for everyone to remember. Finally, my SIL broke down and cried over it and the pies got thrown away. It was hilarious up until then, now we just talk about the pies.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My dad always called on Thanksgiving. My daughter was 2 and she heard me tell my dad that I was getting ready to clean the turkey. My daughter was sitting on the counter when she heard me say this. She then proceeded to get the dish soap and she started washing the turkey. Thankfully I caught her in time so the turkey wasn't ruined. It was priceless. This happened 22 yrs ago and I think about it every Thanksgiving.
    LoriannMc

Answer by LoriannMc at 11:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I aade a pumpkin pie and mince meat pie, so I put them in one of those carries to put on to carry into the dinning room until we ate. Well on the way in the damn mince meat fell out on the floor. I picked it up put it back in the plate and served it. No one ever knew the difference, thank GOD my floors were clean. What is it we eat a bushel, or peck of dirt before we die anyway?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010