Anyone interested in donating leftover Halloween Candy?

I had to take the candy away from the kids for misbehaving, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I found out that you can send gummy candy, hard candy, bags of popcorn, cookies, chips and more to soldiers serving overseas.
My children's school is actually collecting the good until November 11th (in honor of veteran's day). There is an organization that is going to send it overseas to Afghanistan and Iraq. If you're interested in sending your leftover candy to me as part of the donation, please let me know.

chickadee8654

Asked by chickadee8654 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Food & Drink

• This is a great idea. Better than eating it!! Should we just PM you for more information?
    Anonymous

• Yes, please feel free to PM me if you're interested.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my DH was in iraq and the best thing was to get treats when he was there... i would useally send a package once a week... but the funny thing is he never got one of the care packages from the community things..u know u send a package to someone in iraq from ur state so i wonder if it even goes to the soilders... and it shouldnt just be army there are marines and navy over in iraq too!!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2008