Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have leftover Halloween Candy they'd like to get rid of?

I had to take the candy away from the kids for misbehaving, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I found out that you can send gummy candy, hard candy, bags of popcorn, cookies, chips and more to soldiers serving overseas.
My children's school is actually collecting the goods until November 11th (in honor of veteran's day). There is an organization that is going to send it overseas to Afghanistan and Iraq. If you're interested in sending your leftover candy to me as part of the donation, please let me know.

Answer Question

Asked by chickadee8654 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • YES!!!!  There is a local dentist that is buying candy.... $1 per pound... then sending it to the troops.  Too bad it would cost me more to drive there then I would get back!!!  Looks like I'll be dumping some in the break room at work!


    Answer by a.butler at 4:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.