Which will you choose for your kids when flying, scanner or pat down?

We will be traveling at Thanksgiving. I am leaning towards the scan. Eventhough I am not a fan of radiation exposure, we fly infrequently, and think that the pat down can be too much for a kid (or for me for that matter). I saw a bit on the news last night saying that pilots have complained about the pat down and a few have even been unable to fly afterwards because they could not keep their focus on flying. They felt violated and that's all they could concentrate on. Has anyone else made this decision yet and flown? What happened and what was the experience?

stacyhpt

Asked by stacyhpt at 8:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Travel

• My son is living with autism, so between the 2, I'd have to choose scanner. I'd have to do a social story first to help explain it, but if someone were to do a pat down on him, he would go into a MAJOR meltdown! Sudden touch is not an option for him, let alone a stranger doing it. Travel safely, and have a good trip!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010