Ectopic Pregnancy

I went to my first OB appointment yesterday. They did a trans vaginal Ultrasound since I'm newly pregnant.. She couldn't see anything in my Uterus. Cyst on my left ovary, which i know is normal to excrete those two hormones until the placenta develops. I had a miscarriage before conceiving my daughter who is now 6 months old. I'm just afraid I'm going to have to go through another tragic event. My OB said my uterus looked light so everything may start to begin to form and i'm just too early. Which I pray that be the case. I had blood work done yesterday for Hcg levels and more tomorrow. I hope they double! Than another ultrasound next Friday.. Anyone else go through this? And what was your outcome? How did you stay sane through all the waiting..

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hope everything goes well for you and good luck. At 5.5 weeks I had a vaginal u/s done and all they seen was a gestational sac. I'm now 29 weeks. Going by you LMP what is your EDD?
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My LMP is Oct. 3 2010. They haven't given me a EDD yet :/ So im about 5 weeks according to LMP. Im just sooo uneasy :/
    shorty_18

Comment by shorty_18 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You might of been too early for them to see something. I know how that uneasy feeling goes because I've had miscarriages. If your HCG levels double that is a very good sign. I wish you the best of luck ((hugs))
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh my gosh I just had this exact same thing a month or so ago. I'm now 13 weeks pregnant. I previously had an ectopic, then a natural pregnancy (she is 13 months old now). When I became pregnant this time, they did an ultrasound and couldn't see anything. I was so nervous. She made me come back for another one in a week. Then they saw a sac and knew atleast that it wasn't ectopic. I think I was around 4 1/2 weeks with the first ultrasound that is why they couldn't see anything. My HCG levels doubled in just a couple days and then trippled. I bet you are just really early on. They say if it is ectopic by around 6 weeks you would be in a lot of pain. When I had mine it was the worst pain I've ever felt. It was awful. I was around 6 1/2 weeks they guessed. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thank you ladies. Im so nervous!
    shorty_18

Comment by shorty_18 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010