How many of you dread the holidays with your family because no one can control themselves or their kids?

Since my grandmother passed 5 years ago it seems like family get togethers are all chaotic! Everyone arguing and fighting and I cannot take it anymore and refuse to go!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Good for you! Holidays should be relaxing. My sister never watches her own kids during family things. Thank goodness they are big enough now to watch-out for themselves! I agree with you, if it is going to be a dreadful time, stay home!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I'm the first one in my family to have kids but I dread going to them because of my stepsons. They are so misbehaved because their mom doesn't discipline them at all.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• With me its the opposite, my kids are great, they listen to their elders, yes maam yes sir and on and on,,,,,it's my sister that makes the holidays miserable! She is the EXTREME of healthy. I'm not nocking it, my kids have 3 meals a day, they are allowed tea and soda,,,, but her daughter has never had anything other than breast milk or water SHE IS ALMOST TWO YEARS OLD. Every time I give my kids something she rolls her eyes and says "do you have to give them that in front of ****" What am I supposed to do----stay home and never see my family b/c of her?
    Anonymous

• i love them but hate them its theres always a fight
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• such is why I am happily housesitting alone in FL and sent my adult kids and grandkids to KY to torment their father (my x). Life is good.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• It doesn't matter what occasion my family gets together for. They think that if there is enough people around they don't have to watch their kids. My kids don't tend to stray too far from me or hubby. Just know that you are raising responsible children and they won't turn out like that.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I feel the same way. My older sister talks behind my younger sister and my back to the rest of my family. She would start fights with both of us. My younger sister and I get along very well but my older sister is a drama queen and loves to start fights...I love her but it bugs me when she acts like this.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2008