Is eggs every other day bad for a 2yr old?

HaZeLxxeYeS

Asked by HaZeLxxeYeS at 8:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think so...! Check with the pediatrician..
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I used to hear that in Italy amongst the old italian ladies. I am curious to find out also.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• it's fine...eggs are harmless and good for you, as long as you cook them.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Eggs are a great source of protein! Eggs every other day aren't bad for anyone, but especially kids

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't think so, and I hope not because my 3 yo and my 11 mo eat eggs almost every morning! I always boil them, so they don't have any added crap (like butter!)... Both my kids like eggs, and that's what my 3yo usually wants when you ask. I would ask the doctor, or just google it... Good luck, and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 9:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My daughter always wants eggs everyday so instead i give her eggs one day the next oatmeal or pancakes
    HaZeLxxeYeS

Comment by HaZeLxxeYeS (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You know I've heard you can have an egg a day, and I've also heard you should limit it to 2-3 a week. It probably depends each child's general health and family history. Eggs are an excellence source of protein and Omega-3, and very convenient if you have a child who's picky about eating meat. My son isn't a big meat eater, but he loves eggs (scrambled or hard boiled) and peanut butter. Just make sure they are cooked well with some of the risks of undercooked eggs, of course.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• try working more with egg whites if she wants to eat them so much, they are high in cholesterol
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010