Have you made a will yet?

I've thought about it. I know I should. One thing I don't know is who to name the personal representative to see that my wishes are carried out. Do I make this my husband or should I make it my daughter? What/How did you do yours?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 9:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes we have. I made my husband the estate executor and then if he dies my aunt will do it. I think most wills have two or three people listed. So if so and so isn't able or unwilling to be the executor then have so and so do it. Hope that makes sense.

We did ours last year and it felt so good to have them done. Just knowing that my family will be taken care of felt awesome. We know where are son (3) would go if we die and how he would be raised. It's just a huge weight off our shoulders to know that things will be taken care of.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, My demands(ha-ha) have been in place since my son was born and my DH (or kids when they are old enough) can make decsions on my behalf.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Usually, it is the spouse unless they preceed you in death.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes. We worked on estate planning last year. We each have wills, living wills, and revocable trusts (this was done to avoid probate). Everything was re-titled/placed in trust (the house, bank accounts, IRA accounts, etc.). We each have a trust, and we are both trustees on both those trusts. If hubby goes first, everything goes to me; if I go first, everything goes to hubby. If we both go, my sis is executor of our wills and trustee of both trusts and guardian of the kids (brother is successor executor/trustee/guardian if she can't do it). They each know our wishes for the kids and the assets. There is a huge sense of relief and peace knowing our kids will be taken care of in accordance with our wishes and that the bulk of our estate will go to the kids and not the government.
    Anonymous