I am going to get my baby girls 6 month pics done. I will not go to Wal Mart again. They are horrible. JCPenny is really expensive, and not that great. I am thinking of going to Sears, but I have never been there before.... I dont want to spend hundreds of dollars, but I want them to do a decent job... Any recommendations?

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IMO Sears is right in line with JC Penny. i have had both good and bad times at both places.

Answer by sunmoonstars at 2:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I like Sears a lot, and you don't pick the package before you do the photo shoot, so they are always "shooting to sell".

Sears has a really cheap package for $10 that is one 8x10, two 5x7, two pages of wallets and one page of the really little size. I think its a good deal, thats what I get, and then I just go to Kinko's and make copies of whatever size I need so that I am not paying hundreds of dollars for it.

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Where ever you go just make sure to get the coupon, print on off the internet. I use to go to Penny's and get the sheets for $3.99 and no sitting fee w/ the coupon. Now I shoot my own, and use FREE photo software to edit. There are groups on here to help you learn how to do it.

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 2:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I really like Kiddie Kandids (most locations are inside the Babies R Us). They print the pictures right there and you can buy the CD, or its included with their two bigger packages (usually around $99 dollars and $130 dollars). So you don't wait a month for your pictures. You leave with them and your CD that day. Penny's photography studio is the same company that runs the studio in Target - I didn't like them. I've gone to both.

Answer by Serafyna at 3:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I like Sears. I have the smile savers card so I get free sitting fees, and I spent about $80 for 4 poses, 3 8x10s, 6 5x7s and 32 wallets.

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

Answer by pinkclover at 7:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Sears is a great place to go i had my sons pictures there done and they were so good and got him to smile in every pic, they are nice and willing to do anything to get it right.. but they are a good place to go..

Answer by mblucky at 9:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Kiddie Kandids in Babysaurus (what my hubby calls it) Pricey, but you get your photos fast and the people are real nice. Plus they always have sales and "milestone" bonus'. Walmart SUCKS.

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i work for kiddie kandids and we have a really great deal if you purchase any one of our packages we will give you either 2 free perfect treasures or add 4 extra portrait sheets (8x10-wallets) all for the price of a package plus you get your photos within 10 minutes come try us out just visit for locations as well as more information

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009