This question is asked a lot, but I haven't seen any with these specifications. Help?

Requirements for a work from home job:

-No up-front fees (monthly charges, etc.)
-No "parties" (I'm new to the area and I can count how many people I know on one hand)
-Something I can do while working outside of the home
-I need it to count as/toward a "stable" job. My family and I are trying to get out of the hell hole we currently live in and my credit is better than my husband's right now. So, it's dependent on me.
-there's already a Mary Kay/Avon rep for the whole town (less than 16,000 people; rural-ish farm country)
-Melaluca is out; asked.

Anything would be awesome.

I'm a trained administrative assistant who can do any clerical/secretarial work; however, there isn't much around here that's hiring for this kind of position. Rent will be due SOON and my current temp job is ending (seemingly sooner).

Several of you have blogs that I'm following, but a couple don't really seem to go anywhere (sorr

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 9:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you'd like to try freelance writing, pm me, but keep in mind it's not get rick quick.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• there is a company that seems legit called Alpine Access. I went through their application and screening process and was approved, but I couldn't work because I didn't meet the equipment requirements. (I run a Mac and their software isn't compatible).

They basically do call center work. You have to have a landline and a hardwired internet connection. They are specific about your security and other software, what version of Windows and what service packs, etc, but it's worth looking into.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• with no up front fees you're limiting yourself to what you can do. You have to spend money to make money and if you aren't willing then it won't work. I understand money is tight, just telling you straight up.
    I'm not sure about requirements but have you ever thought about being a medical billing assistant? My aunt does that from home. Try googling that and see if it works out for you. Only thing I can think of.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What Jenny is referring to is legitamite and I have known people in the past personally who were very successful with it. I ran into the same issue she did and did not have compatible software/equipment to work with them at the time. :)

Another option you have is to go to the better business bureau website and search for opportunities with work from home companies in your area. You can select to only work with accredited businesses and search by keywords to find something to suit you. :) If you want to go with a general search not specific to your area you can do that as well (I even chose random zip codes when I did it for different states & would search with the largest radius possible). :)

And of course any time you come across a business you show interest in definately check them out on the BBB anyhow.

Meleleuca runs specials every now & then for $1 enrollment or free enrollment. Only issue is the mthly orders.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• http://www.alpineaccess.com/en/

Also, Hilton hotels, JetBlue, and 1800Flowers all utilize at home call center agents.

PP is right - you can expect to pay for background and credit checks, and Alpine Access has a one time fee of $80 (I think) for their case management software. But anything outside of that, along with recurring fees, application fees, fees to buy materials etc are signs of a scam.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When you are doing your search, you want to look for jobs that are home-based not work at home. Saying this because you stated you wanted to work outside the home. Have you looked into Merchandising? Are you willing to travel at all? You could check into doing some Brand Ambassador work. I have several of those types of ideas in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work.   I do have some lists of places that hire for telecommuting work, that list in in the right hand corner under Post Short Cuts.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010