How can I make him understand?

I was working yesterday (I work in insurance sales) and had a colleague call and ask me if I would assist him with a meeting in a nearby town, I told him I would be more than happy to assist because it was a meeting that I had been trying to set with the company as well. So, after the meeting it was about lunch time and we headed back to town and decided that we were going to go and get some lunch. So, we are sitting there having lunch and my husband walks in...now my husband thinks that there is something going on between my colleague and I because he said I got the "guilty" look on my face. He just surprised me more than anything, but he doesn't believe me when I swear to him it was just a business meeting. HELP!!!

Michelleb05

Asked by Michelleb05 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• By the sounds of it your hubby seems to have a serious lack of trust. If there has never been any reason for him not to trust you, and please don't think I'm saying there is, then he should give you the benefit of the doubt. It could be worth pointing out that the same thing could possibly happen the other way round if he also works.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sounds a little like you feel guilty for something too. If my husband thought I was having an affair because I was eating lunch with some one I would prove to him I was not. I would do some wild kinky sex with him and tell him that I would never think of doing it with some one else. I would reassure him by giving him a bj and telling him his penis was the only perfect one for me. I would so stroke his ego big time.
    That is just me. If he is feeling insecure I would find a way to make him feel more secure.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Ask him what you can do to prove it. Should you call him and let him know if you job schedule changes, that's reasonable. Make sure that in the near future, he knows where you're at. Call him often, if that's possible. I would invite this man from work, and a date or wife, to have dinner with you and your husband, with your husband's agreement of course. He may not want that, but just asking him may make him realize that you are not involved with the other man.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Your husband sounds really insecure. I'd be furious if my husband followed me on a business lunch. He has some nerve!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• He didn't follow me, he was helping a friend of his and we just ended up going to the same restaurant. He is insecure about a past relationship, but that has been over 14 years ago and we have been together almost 10. I don't feel guilty about this because I didn't do anything wrong except not telling him that we were going to go and have lunch after the meeting.
    Michelleb05

Comment by Michelleb05 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2010