Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should she go through the Court or Mediation

My friends daughters father filed for Full custody in June went through Mediation and decided to go 50/50 full and physical So September comes he has a fit because he saw a picture of their daughter giving her stepfather a peck on the lips on face book so he decided that he is not going to give the child back (he has her 3 days a wk) so she tells him we have 50/50 you can't keep her from me I want my baby he tells her she at his grandmother house but he told her not to open the door or answer her calls I then tell her to go to downtown and file for full and let them know the situation after that knock on the grandmothers door and if she doesn't come to the door call the cops she did all this and the cops came and eventually she got her baby after a week of pleading. Now they going to court November 23 she tells me they doing good and thinks she should just go though Mediation instead of court I say go through court

Answer Question

Asked by HaZeLxxeYeS at 9:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 8 (214 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Mediation is only when the couple agrees 100% of the settlement. She needs to take him to court and let them know that he is in breech of contract. That is his holding their daughter hostage.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • she needs to go to court and make sure there is a court order stating specific times and days of pick ups and returns for the child that way if this ever happens again he WILL go to jail for not returning the child to her mother. She should also petitiont he cour tfor him to have to seek counseling because what he is doing is going to emotionally scar her. If he continues to with hold her from her mother it could have effects on her psychologically.
    I would go to court and state my case and the judge will see it her way he just doesn't want her to go to court because a judge will almost always side with the mother and he could lose his 50/50 because he didn't follow their agreement! tell her not to let him talk her out of it! and maybe she should take down the face book or make it private so he cannot see it that way it cant' start any issues!

    Answer by mikenjess at 10:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • court

    Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.