hi! everyone, my baby 4 months old, and yesterday he got 2 injection for pollio and etc. and got fever for 39 deg. is this normal, m so worried to my little prince, pls. what will i do, pls. help me. tnx n advance.

bhing36

Asked by bhing36 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 39 degrees???? thats impossible! And if your son is having a reaction to vacines, you should CALL HIS DR!!!! Not ask ppl on cafemom
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• tnx a lot madsmom, his temperature now is 38.6.....anyway what is a normal temperature for a baby? am a new mom.
    bhing36

Comment by bhing36 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Normal temp for EVERYONE is around 98.6. If his is lower, you need to get him to a doctor. Read Fahrenheit, not Celsius.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That would be around 102 degrees....you should call your doctor.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Maybe Celsius is NORMAL for her. Did any of you think of that? Not everyone lives in America, you know.

If you are using Celsius, then 37 is normal. A temperature of 38.6 Celsius is equivalent to 101.48.

If the 3 is a typo and should have been a 9, then you're fine.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I meant if reading Fahrenheit and not Celsius. So, yeah, I did think of that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yeah...I was a bit harsh. Sorry about that. I had a really crappy night last night, and I feel it's better to take it out on random internet strangers than to yell at my own kids.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010