Just Curious: If you work in and commute to Atlanta, Ga... how early do you have to leave home?

Everytime I hear Crash Clark from DaveFM talking about Atlanta traffic there are wrecks and back-up's EVERYWHERE!

I couldn't imagine that commute.

How early do you have to leave for work just to get there on time?

Where do you live and what time are you scheduled to be at work?

What does your boss say or do if you're late due to traffic?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I live in Buford (north end of Gwinnett Co) and commute to Norcross (south end of Gwinnett) 3-4 days a week. The drive is 25 miles, and I don't have to take I-85.

I work with a lot of people out in California, so I leave home at 8:30, drop my daughter off (10 mins), and get to the office at 9:30. I usually work till 6pm when the traffic has cleared up some, and it takes roughly 45-50 mins to get home.

The absolute shortest I can drive is 35 mins (late at night or weekends). If I have to get to work at say 8am, I have to give myself a full 1.5 hours.

I work remote 1-2 days a week to ease the burden, and I listen to a lot of books on tape! My boss is very flexible about my schedule. I'm salaried, so I don't have to log my time.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That's great that your boss is felixble! :)

I live in Gainesville! :) We aren't far away from each other! lol, Small world!
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010