How do I get my son to behave me and not throw fits?

My 4 year old son is in preschool. From what his teacher said to us he is the only one of the boys that follows directions and is nice to everyone. He does what he is suppose to and is very liked in his class. She said he is a wonderful kid. Now at home on the other hand my son does not listen to me nor my husband. When something doesnt go his way or he does not get what he wants he starts kicking my walls (putting holes in them) punching my doors and so on. I have tried everything. I started out by taking toys away, then came a behaviorial chart and now a christmas list( toy gets marked off when he is in trouble).We have talked to him, we have tried timeout. He is a wonderful kid at everyone elses house and at school but a totaly different kid when he is home. Nothing seems to be working and Im literally exhausted. I need help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would carry him to his room and tell him that when he calmed down, he can come out! That way the damage is limited to one room! Then when he is calmed down, he can help patch the holes!Praise him for being so good at school, and at other's houses, and ignore the fits(this is the hardest part). You just put him in his room and make sure he stays there until he calms down and comes to apologize. Something is setting him off. If you can figure out what it is,maybe you can change up your approach and work around the flash buttons, still getting the same result. You can tell him when you are carrying him into his room that his behavior is unacceptable.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We have the same problem with our daughter, at school she is an angle at home she is a perro. We had her tested for ADHD and Bypoler, and she had both. I don'' know if your child has been testeg, but the meds are good when you get them wright.
    beccam99

Answer by beccam99 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010