What do you think of the show "downsized" ?

It premiered on WEtv last weekend, I caught the repeat episode last night. I have to say - there are 7 kids (mixed families) and 6 of those kids are of working age (but they don't work, at least that's what I got from that episode). The father owned a construction company but then it collapsed, leaving them in foreclosure of 2 of their homes. Now they're forced to downsize everything and everyone's having a hard time. If that were me and my family, those kids would be working to contribute to the bills. There are four 15-year-old's and two 17-year-olds. NO EXCUSE!
http://www.wetv.com/downsized/cast

SweetPieMama24

Asked by SweetPieMama24 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have not watched the show, but did see the commercials for it. Hopefully the family will all pull together and everyone do what they can to contribute and help out-- especially the working age kids.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• well personally I dont think the 15yr olds and the 17yr olds should be helping to support the family. they are still children and need to be consentrating on school. they should be made aware of the situation and how they are seriously downsizing, and if they want to get jobs for their own pocket money thats fine, or if they want to contribute, but I would not force them.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I whole-heartedly agree with cassie. 15 & 17 are kids who's job is to get an education. I didn't watch the show but I wouldn't mind catching it if I remember.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Not saying i would force them to work, but they boo-hoo because they have to cut luxuries and now have to go on food stamps and don't get cable anymore. Well, then work and contribute to the household! All I'm saying is, if that were my family and I had 6 teenagers ABLE to work - I would throw it out there. Any little bit helps and even $100 a week from each of them having a job is still $600 a week!
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I didnt watch the show, but ya if the kids want to bitch about it then they can do something about it
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The youngest who's 10 I believe is in cheerleading and and all the other kids except 1 or 2 are in sports - which are very expensive. I know that it is very important for kids to be involved, but when you're facing foreclosure on your house - the last thing you should be spending excess $ on is sports and outfits etc.
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Never heard of it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes. Kids need to concentrate on their school. They also need to get prepared for the real life. Not baby them until they are out of college.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010