Are you a witch/wiccan? what is the difference between them?

have you ever done spells ? do they work? which ones did you use?what do you do for fun? is there really such thing as magic? and why did you choose to be a with/wiccan? im very curious =)

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wiccans are almost always witches, but not all witches are Wiccan. Some witches practice magic without the religious aspect of it.

I consider myself eclectic pagan, and take some things from the Wiccan tradition, but I am not Wiccan. Anyway, yes I have done a few simple spells. Mostly shields. My husband and children and home have shields around them. I don't have any difinitive proof that it has worked except none of them have been seriously hurt or sick lol. But I did do a shield around my bed once because I was so sick of the cats jumping onto it and waking up my daughter, who was a terrible sleeper when she was a baby. It only lasted two days, but they wouldn't go anywhere near the bed for that time lol. So I would say that it works.

I'm not big into magic, I don't do it very often. But I think it's very similar to prayers... only we don't ask someone else to do stuff for us, we do it ourselves :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh, and I chose to be a witch/pagan because I find peace in it, and it is very action driven. There is no eternal punishment, there is no dogma to get in my way every day, there is no sin. It's just a very peaceful, loving religion that expects us to take responsibility for our actions, do no harm and find love and joy in life, instead of tryign to rise above life and look to the afterlife.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I chose to becme a Wiccan 10 years ago because quite frankly, I felt a void in being christian for some reason. Most of my family is still christian, but we still love each other the same. On the topic of magic, it's not all spells and potions, its a matter of being in tune with the universe and its movements. You are one with the earth and universal powers. I have done spells, and yes they have worked, but in spell work one has to be extremely careful. It's not like the tv shows and movies where you can make someone love you. Spells cannot be harmful or manipulative to someone else, or it will come back on you 3 fold. In the Wiccan rede it states, and ever mind the rule of three,what ye sends forth comes back to thee, meaning i you do something harmful, you'll recieve bad karma 3 times worse. But it works the same for positive spells.
    Johnnysxangel

Answer by Johnnysxangel at 10:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I also feel the same as ati 13. I didn't like that christianity started and will end in violence, not to mention some of the contradictions Ive found in the writings and teachings. It is a very peaceful way of life, and it is wonderful in stressful times.
    Johnnysxangel

Answer by Johnnysxangel at 10:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I am going to borrow a phrase that a fellow sister used and I liked very much... I am "Wiccish"...LOL...
    I follow the basics of Wicca, but draw from many other Pagan paths... I am a practicing Witch also...
    I have done a few spells and they have worked, healing, protection and such... I do not do Magick on a daily
    basis. Magick is being in tuned with the world around you and the inner energies that we all have within...
    I do want to say tho, Many Wiccans are Witches, but there are a few who are not, Witchcraft is a Practice NOT a religious belief
    nor are all Pagans Wiccans, there are many Pagan paths that one can follow and Witchcraft can or not be a part of that person paths choice...
    As for why I am where I am, that is simple, Christianity was never, nor will it, nor shall it ever fit me and being the Pagan I am
    does fit very nicely...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I am a Pagan Witch, I am not Wiccan. Wicca is a religion, Witchcraft is a practice which is not specific to any one religion. So you can be a Wiccan Witch, or you can be a Witch and have a completely different religious belief - I even know Jewish & Christian Witches...

Now, Have I done spells? Yes. Do they work? Yes, of course they do, or no one would use them. Which ones have I used? WAY to many that I could list here, but most of my daily practice surrounds protection & balance.
    As for "fun" I do the same things you do... I read, I write, I visit CafeMom... Witches & Pagans are normal people too... We have the same fun that everyone else does...
    As far as "why I chose" this path, I didn't, it chose me. I simply followed my heart, this is where it led...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you really want the answers to your questions I have a blog where you will find much more detailed answers than most of us can fit in these little boxes here... Here are a few of the ones that may help answer you...

Here's the LINK - One Witch's Wonderland Blog

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Are you a witch/wiccan? what is the difference between them? I am a witch, but not a wiccan. Wicca is a religion. Witchcraft is a practice.

have you ever done spells ? do they work? I have done many spells and they DO work.

which ones did you use? I do mainly healing and helping spells.

what do you do for fun? Reading, handicrafts, computer surfing.

is there really such thing as magic? Yes, or I wouldn't be practicing witchcraft.

and why did you choose to be a with/wiccan?  It's just what I am.  It is what fits me best.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Are you a witch/wiccan? I'm the one who coined the term "Wiccish" :-)  Like my Sister above, I follow some Wiccan practices, but I also borrow from other paths.  Also, I have no interest in the uber-structured hierarchy of some more traditional covens.  I do consider myself to be a KitchenWitch

what is the difference between them?  Wicca is a religion, witchcraft is a practice. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• have you ever done spells ?  Yes, they are like prayers...but you are using your own energies as well as or instead of the divine. 

do they work?  more often than prayer

which ones did you use?  Healing, protection

what do you do for fun?  you're lookin' at it  :-P

is there really such thing as magic?  "magic", no...that's all fake.  "Magick", yes...

and why did you choose to be a with/wiccan? im very curious =)  It fit me...it made the most sense to me.  The Lady called me Home!

MamaK88