Alfredo sauce

Do you buy alfredo sauce in a jar or make your own? Please share a recipe if you have one you love.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make my own. I don't really have exact quantities for because I add as I go. But bottom line, I melt some butter, add some crushed garlic, add the cream, mix and let simmer for about 5 minutes, don't let it come to a boil or the cream will separate. Then I add tons of Parmesan cheese (love it!) and toss the pasta cooked al dente just before serving and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley and more grated Parmesan.
    When I'm doing a light version, I substitute half of the cream for yogurt, preferably Greek yogurt or just let your normal yogurt drain in a cheese cloth until it thickens slightly. Oh and I go easier on the Parmesan :)

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• get it in a jar when I get it. Last time I tried to make it it was clumpy so I gave up
    RBurton1996

Answer by RBurton1996 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I usually buy it
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 1:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I make my own, it's easy and so scrumptious. This recipe uses heavy cream, it will not separate.
    Alfredo Sauce
    1/4 cup butter
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
    Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Jar don't have a recipe sry
    Cookiesformysis

Answer by Cookiesformysis at 7:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010