How involved or excited was your partner when you were trying to concieve?

My husband and I are trying to concieve and he is very involved in the entire process. He tells me what I should and shouldn't eat and so on. Sometimes I think its awesome that he cares so much and sometimes it really annoys me. Bad?

bellsandheels

Asked by bellsandheels at 10:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My husband was very involved. I LOVED IT! He would put the thermometer in my mouth every morning...I didn't even hardly have to wake up...then he would write down the temp and head to work.

He would make me healthy meals, tell me certain foods that have vitamins in it that are good for TTC, make sure I took my vitamins, take his vitamins, ask me about my ovulation signs, etc.

In my experience the enthusiam for TTC spills over into pregnancy and parenthood.

CHARISH IT!! Many men are not like that.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Let him be as involved as he wants to be. You don't, however, have to take his every suggestion. If he suggests something, like what you should eat, and you don't agree, just say That's probably a good idea, but I prefer to... Say it nicely and he should understand. If it gets too bad, just tell him that his crowding you is making you tense, and you need to be relaxed for this to happen. Good luck.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yea my hubby was the same. except i listened and i didnt. and when i didnt he would bash me for it. then i went on bedrest for 5 months and when i came off i was expecting a bouncing little boy within the next couple of weeks.. and so far (3 weeks later) No signs of labor.. and he gets mad at me if i say once they give me the ok to be induced i will. and bashes me for it.. etc.. just make sure that you both are on the same page of EVERYTHING bc once something isnt the way my hubby thinks it should be or i feel differently than he thinks i should.... its on to trying to make me feel like i am a bad person.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That would drive me crazy.....whatever happened to just making love and letting nature take it's course?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010