Where do you buy fish from (for a fish tank)?

We've gone to the local fish store (too expensive), and have gotten some cichlids from Petco and Petsmart. Just wondering if anyone buys fish online from a reputable company - we have a 50 something gallon tank with african and convict cichlids, so we need the more aggressive fish as opposed to goldfish. thanks!

SweetPieMama24

Asked by SweetPieMama24 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• How would a fish be shipped? I'd imagine the shipping alone would be costly to keep the fish alive. I've always used a pet store.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• A girl I work with has a saltwater tank and gave me a website but there was nothing good for the freshwater. She said it comes in a styrofoam container, in a baggie like u get at the stores, with a heater. It probably is like $49 to ship LOL
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2010