he would never!

I have people telling me that my 11 year old son shouldnt be allowed to help change his baby sister. He is very hurt and doesnt understand why this person would ever say something like that. He has loved her since he felt her kick the first time and he has never given me or DH a reason to think he would do anything wrong. Would u think twice about it or would u just tell that person to mind their own business?

imuney

Asked by imuney at 10:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The latter. I bet those are the same people who trust daycare personnell to change their babies. Just because he's a child doesn't mean he can't distinguish between right and wrong.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I let my 10 year old sister change my kids diapers when they were babies...some people are just really stupid! It's just teaching them responsibility...something many people are lacking now a days =0)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Please! Really! Unless he has ever given you reason to suspect him of anything, I would tell that person "Guess what, my husband changes her too, should I worry that he will do something?" And then I would tell them to worry about their own life.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would tell that person to mind their own business and I will tell you why. When I was pregnant with my little girl she had a 10 year old step brother and he was so excited about the baby. When she was born, let's say older relatives of mine told me not to leave the baby alone in his presence because he would hurt the baby or suffocate her out of jealousy! I believed them and he never once did anything at all to her. If anything, I had to tell him to back off, I am the mom becasue he would be so afraid that she would get into things and get hurt or he would examine her toys and make sure it was not a choking hazard, etc.

You know your children. You will know in you what is right and what you should be worried about. You can feel it.
    DawnaRae

Answer by DawnaRae at 10:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I wanted to add the night this all happened was Halloween and the situation was really tired and so he offered to change her and put on her jammies for me. She is almost a year old and not so tiny anymore and I thought it was a nice gesture so I said yes. The only thing that he did wrong was put the diaper on backward.
    imuney

Comment by imuney (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• mind own business
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'd tell them to STFU but then again I'm mean to strangers who interject into my life when they know nothing.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh my goodness. I would not only be annoyed that this person felt it ok to guide me on who changes the baby, but would also be angry about the assumptions put on my son! Wow.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• DawnaRae..that is how DS is about his sissy. He loves her so much
    imuney

Comment by imuney (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would tell them where to put it. and mind their own business
    Rhiannon1980

Answer by Rhiannon1980 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2010