Potty Training

My daughter is 17 months and began potty training 3 months ago with no problems. Responded well to her own potty and actually began peeing and the occassional poop in her own potty. Fast foward to about 25 days ago ... she screams at her potty and won't go on the regular toilet. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I stop and try again in a few months. I know she was young to start, but she was so excited and I took advantage of that. So any ideas?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It might be good to take a break and come back to it. Though I must add that I potty trained a little diffrently. Whenmy daughter was about 2 she noticed that her Aunt who's 14 months older got pullups and had to ahve them. So we talked to daycare and we encouraged pottying but wound up not enforcing after we learned I was pregnant. Eventually we got to where she could go pretty well and would stay dry at daycare but come home and not do anything so we got her treats. If she went potty and her pullup was clean she got a much coveted Dora fruitsnack. If she went potty but her pullup was dirty then she got a "gum" which is what she calls laffy taffies. This worked for us and she eventually got were she didn't remebmer the snacks just went on her own and is now potty trained,e ven at night which she did herself. Liza is a great motivator.
    Really just kinda follow your toddler and your gut is good.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010