Is the Anon feature's days numbered?

seems to raise a lot of hackles.
Its a good idea if your embarrassed about asking/stating something, but it can be abused.

All it would really do is make people realize people can now see whose saying things and maybe be slightly more guarded in their words, but in all honesty, we're still Anon to each other. Just keeps some people from sending nasty emails or being able give someone grief.

Personally I like the anon feature. Its quite handy to say something without fingers being pointed at who said it just because they don't agree or don't like someone's honesty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Personally, I think that just because it can be abused by some, it doesn't mean it has to go. I think ti can be useful for someone really needing help and input but not wanting to publicly share the situation or doesn't want to get bashed.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had a TMI question and that was the one and only time I posted anonymously. Personally, I don't like when people post anonymously just for the hell of it because I feel like they hide behind the computer screen. They post nasty comments when people are just looking for an answer.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i just got voted down for an answer, i did not post anon
    usually do not
    did for a while when asking personal questions and thought SIL was on here, but now that i left him, i do not need it anymore
    but i do not use for being nasty under the cover of anon either
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The anon feature should stay. This is the Internet, and some want to remain anon when being blunt in a reply, or talking about something personal.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The anon feature should definitely stay. Anyone can come on cafemom & see these answeres posted. It's a great way to stay anonymous not only from cafemom members, but from the rest of the people out there using the internet. What if someone looks you up through your email & somehow landed on cafemom reading a question you asked? And what if it was a personal one? I think the anon button is great. Some do abuse it, but CafeMom would not be as cool if you did not have the option to remain anonymous. We have a right to secrecy.

Anon's never bothered me. Even when they are rude, i never wonder who they are or think they should show their face. I could really care less who they are, i just vote those ones down & move along.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The Anon feature should be taken away from those of whom abuse it, the FIRST time they abuse it. Like the Anon-twat™ (my word, suckas!) who posted some spam pic in a response to a question I asked yesterday, for example. But it is necessary for personal questions/answers.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I like the anon button because I am having rhinoplasty and needed to ask a few questions on how it can be afterwards.
    I aso needed to ask one time if I was having an infection of some kind, it was a TMI question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• to answer your question, nope! CM reorganized this entire section just to keep the anon feature, it isn't going anywhere, ever.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you abuse the feature CM will prohibit your personal use of it anyhow. So there's "safe guards" in place over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I will answer in Anon if I am sure the answer is going to get be some negative feedback because I was being honest and telling it like it is. The truth hurts sometimes and people just want to be agreed with and told what they wanna hear and I'm not gonna do that, not do I want their nasty comment, hence I'll go Anon in those cases.

They'll get over it and maybe it'll even sink in and realize I had a point, darn me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2010